Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blog Revival

Hey All, I thought I'd spice up the dying blog a bit and add some pictures to it. Here's some of the random photos I've taken during my current stay in Perth.


This is Bibra Lake, a lake near my school that I go to once every week or fortnightly. It has nice scenery and wildlife, especially since Spring has arrived =)




Here's some Black Swans. They're not very common outside Australia, but they're everywhere here.



More Swans! =P



Close up of a Black Swan.



The Cygnets are out too! =) (Aren't they sooooo adorable?)




These are Magpies. They WILL SWOOP and attempt to take your eyes out if you get too near their nests in Springtime (just a little overprotective). I had one chase me from its nesting tree (that I unwittingly walked near one day after school) for about 5 mins with me running towards the main road before it'll leave me alone.



I'm not quite sure what's the proper name for these birds. The locals call them "Willy Wagtail". These birds are not shy at all. They have a very (cute) waggy tail that swings around to disturb the insects in the grass, then they'll grab the bugs for lunch. They would snap a fly from the air in front of your face if they feel like it.



These rather cute birds are called "Galahs". Seriously, its the most cute sounding name for a bird EVER. GALAHS! =P



No idea what's the proper name for these (and this is why I'm taking Psychology, not biology =P). These are some long-necked turtles (or are they tortoises? They have webbed feet) I saw on one of my (6km) rounds around the lake a few weeks back. They actually move rather fast.



Possibly a drawback to the turtle, it can't hide in its shell (which is probably why they move faster than most turtles... from my very limited knowledge anyways)



This is a picture I took with my camera phone this week. The sunsets here are very beautiful.



Lastly, the same sunset from somewhere near my house (no, that's not my place in the picture).



Anyways, that's all I have for now =). I plan to go to Swan River sometime in the next fortnight, and there's probably lots of photo opportunities there as well.

Oh, I'll be back in Singapore on the 22nd Dec 2009 until the 2nd Jan 2010 for my short Christmas break. I am tentatively arranging for my 21st Birthday Party to be held on the 26th December (Saturday). Its very very tentative at the moment, but it looks like it might be at a club/lounge at Clarke Quay. Please do e-mail me (pam_lam@hotmail.com) and tell me:
a) Who you are
b) If you are able to attend (however tentative it is)

And help me spread this around as well. Its rather difficult for me to organise something so big from a different continent.

Thanx!

Till next time,

Pammy

No comments: